Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Whirlpool Refrigerator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Josie_*

Lurker_Josie_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

I need help.  Fridge runs a lot, water drains into fridge from a spout sort of thing in the back inside of the cabinet.  It sometimes freezes.  I tried the dollar bill check of the seals and there is some slight resistance.  I have pulled the fridge out but can't find a way to access drip cup and drain tube you talk about that could be clogged.  Shold I throw it out the window?:X

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

the spout you speak of is supposed to catch the water generated by the defrost cycle and carry it to the lower part of the fridge near the compressor, if the spout is frozen,you can simply pull it forward to remove it and clean out the spout.  located above the spout in the freezer area is a trough that runs under the refrigeration evaporator coils- you may want to remove the rear freezer cover and inspect this area to be sure the hole in the bottom of the trough just above the cup is not plugged. if the coils have alot of frost/ice on them,you may need to diagnose your defrost components. :)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Josie

Josie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:52 AM

My bad for not including model number in posting.  Fridge has no icemaker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics