Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Xanthippe

The Icemaker Produceth . . . Sorta

4 posts in this topic

Hey, y'all, what a very cool Web site!  Happy to have found this font

of knowledge, and truly hoping it will shed light on my vexing problem.

We have a KitchenAid Superba side-by-side

refrigerator/freezer, puchased in the early 90s (model #KSRS25QXAL10,

model #SB2013984).  You know the kind: hip in its day, but now

woefully last century in terms of technology (no LED display, for

example).  About a year ago, the in-door water dispenser

began  to work sporadically, then quit altogether after several

months;  yesterday, just in time for our Memorial Day celebration,

the icemaker decided to go on walkabout, resulting in a very

intermittent production of ice.

What's a woman to do, with her spousal unit out of town and the weather heating up??!?

Xanthippe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could have the fill valve going bad, the thru tube to the ice maker freezing up or the ice maker going south.  I would start by checking the fill valve to see if it is giving good water to the ice maker when it gives voltage to the valve in the 8 second fill time slot.   also check to see if your freezer is keeping between 0 and 10 degrees when it is not in defrost.  How much ice you get depends on how cold the freezer is and you could be developing a defrost problem or your condensor could be clogged under the ref. causing the compressor to overheat, causing erratic problems with the freezer and ice maker.  Keep a thermometer in both sides of the ref. to monitor temps.

Many thanks for your response, but please bear with another question as

I'm very severely applicance-challenged!  Where in the unit would

I find the fill valve and thru tube?  I'll cross the

icemaker-going-south bridge when I come to it . . .

Xan.

The dual fill valve is located at the rear of the frig, down by the floor on the right side facing from the back.  Your water line from the house goes to this valve, and 2 lines go out, one to the ice maker and the other larger line to the water disp.  This valve could be causing both problems as one side or the other or both can go out.  The smaller line 1/4 inch, goes to the thru tube that goes through the back of the box, to which the fill spout goes into the fill cup at the rear of the ice maker.  Would be best to use a test cord to plug onto each side of the valve to see if it produces a good flow of water., assuming  you have good water pressure to the valve.  If the valve is going bad it can cause  ice to build up in the fill tube blocking water to the ice maker.