Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

The Icemaker Produceth . . . Sorta

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xanthippe

Xanthippe

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hey, y'all, what a very cool Web site!  Happy to have found this font
of knowledge, and truly hoping it will shed light on my vexing problem.

We have a KitchenAid Superba side-by-side
refrigerator/freezer, puchased in the early 90s (model #KSRS25QXAL10,
model #SB2013984).  You know the kind: hip in its day, but now
woefully last century in terms of technology (no LED display, for
example).  About a year ago, the in-door water dispenser
began  to work sporadically, then quit altogether after several
months;  yesterday, just in time for our Memorial Day celebration,
the icemaker decided to go on walkabout, resulting in a very
intermittent production of ice.

What's a woman to do, with her spousal unit out of town and the weather heating up??!?

Xanthippe

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

You could have the fill valve going bad, the thru tube to the ice maker freezing up or the ice maker going south.  I would start by checking the fill valve to see if it is giving good water to the ice maker when it gives voltage to the valve in the 8 second fill time slot.   also check to see if your freezer is keeping between 0 and 10 degrees when it is not in defrost.  How much ice you get depends on how cold the freezer is and you could be developing a defrost problem or your condensor could be clogged under the ref. causing the compressor to overheat, causing erratic problems with the freezer and ice maker.  Keep a thermometer in both sides of the ref. to monitor temps.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Xanthippe

Xanthippe

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

Many thanks for your response, but please bear with another question as
I'm very severely applicance-challenged!  Where in the unit would
I find the fill valve and thru tube?  I'll cross the
icemaker-going-south bridge when I come to it . . .

Xan.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:06 PM

The dual fill valve is located at the rear of the frig, down by the floor on the right side facing from the back.  Your water line from the house goes to this valve, and 2 lines go out, one to the ice maker and the other larger line to the water disp.  This valve could be causing both problems as one side or the other or both can go out.  The smaller line 1/4 inch, goes to the thru tube that goes through the back of the box, to which the fill spout goes into the fill cup at the rear of the ice maker.  Would be best to use a test cord to plug onto each side of the valve to see if it produces a good flow of water., assuming  you have good water pressure to the valve.  If the valve is going bad it can cause  ice to build up in the fill tube blocking water to the ice maker. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics