Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

noisey compressor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 navtek2

navtek2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

trane condensor unit makes rattle and clatter noise when shuts off. didnt use to make this noise . is it about ready to fail .replaced condensor fan last year. unit is 19yrs old. any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

It could be yer compressor rubber mounts are making that noise

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 navtek2

navtek2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

they appear to be ok ,no cracking, sounds internal. a buddy says it might be internal springs that suspend assy inside the can. dont know for sure.

#4 RawNerve

RawNerve

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:57 AM

Some of the old type units utilized a check valve in the high side line that would be the part I would suspect first. The old reciprocating compressors did not back seal well and if the valve where not installed or failed the gas pressure would actually chug the compressor in reverse when it shut down. Shortened the life of many a compressor.

#5 sam66

sam66

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

change compressor rubber mounts , check tube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics