Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Refrigerator leaks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phyllis

Phyllis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

We bought this Maytag refrigerator in appx. 1995. Its a top freezer model. Has ice maker.

Often there is water on the floor at the front right corner. There is also often water in the bottom of the refrigerator compartment itself, under the crisper drawers.

I looked under the thing last night, and there doesnt appear to be any water in the pan underneath, and it really dosn't look like theres even been any water in there for a while.

I thought maybe the problem was a plugged drain in the bottom of the refrigerator compartment, but I'm not finding any kind of drain hole. ??? Shouldn't there be a drain hole in case of spills?

Anyway, I hope you can help, because we live in a rural area, and getting an appliance man out here takes an act of congress.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:23 AM

Model number? Should be on a sticker inside the refrigerator compartment. You're on the right lines, this is probably a blocked defrost drain. The drain is located in the back of the freezer. Give us the model number, we should be able to pull up a drawing.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

It sounds like the defrost drain from the freezer to the drain line is clogged, you will need to see if it is clogged in the freezer or where it drains into the drain line that would probably be on the back of the frig.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 Phyllis

Phyllis

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

Here's the model #, and thank you very much!

MTB2153ARA

#5 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

Posted Image

Remove Item 2 (back panel), item 4 is the drip tray with the drain in the middle.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:21 AM

Can't tell from the parts breakdown pictures where the actual defrost drain tube leads from or to.

When you pulled the crisper drawers out did you see a round disk in the middle of the refrig floor under the crispers. If your did, this is the drain and the round disk will pull out and you will find it plugged. If no round plastic disk that pulls out then look on the back of the refrig, (follow the trap/drain tube that is located above the drain pan and see where it goes). If the tube runs up the back of the refrig then you will most likely have to take the freezer apart as MadMac posted to clean the plugged drain at the top.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics