Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel 703 - Lighs on no one home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GettingSmellier

GettingSmellier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the site; what a great idea. Hope it works for me. Is it alright if I stick to Aus beer while viewing this site?

I have a Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine Smartdrive GW703-U.

Twice I've done “Hot”, “High” loads and burnt out my motor controller. Must be the steam/condensation and I wont be doing that again.

This time I’ve put the new controller in and set the size.

When I power up all the lights come up and the control panel is fully functional. Press the start button and the first light flashes as expected, press it again and it stops. Everything looks perfect but nothing happens. I’ve tried different settings, all hot, all cold and I’ve advanced it to “Spin” and still nothing.

I have no knowledge of how to start, read and interpret self diagnostics, what should I do?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

It has a magnetic switch which is activated when the lid is shut, and it sounds like the switch has failed.  The start/pause button is going as the light stops flashung on the panel. P/N in NZ is 426457p, probably the same in OZ.  To replace, you need to remove the main control board as the switch is attached to the same harness as the out of balance switch connections( it might pay to get a new oob switch kit P/N 420313p if it is avaliable as the oob switch will possibly be corroded), remove the 2 bungs on the front edge of the top deck, and lift up.  On the rh side you will see a small white cover with two wires running to it, TA DA, this is the switch.  Just remove the screw and the old switch + harness and fit the new one, making sure that the wires are tightly fitted all the way up the side of the top deck as if the wires fall out and rub through on the cabinet, BANG!!!, one :poison: control board.  As always, if you can see a wire or connection make sure the appliance is turned off.;) 
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 GettingSmellier

GettingSmellier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:19 AM

Thanks Kiwi wants to work in Canada (How about Australia' its no too bad here).
The door open switch hasn't worked for years so your analysis sounds very good. Is there any way to bypass the door switch....I like to watch!

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:29 AM

Yes, you can but its not a good idea if you have kids,or pets if one day you forget to shut the lid.  And as a clever man once said regardin the bypassment of lid/safety switches "Its called C.Y.A, if you cant figure it out yourself ,you got no biddness messin wif it!
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 GettingSmellier

GettingSmellier

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

The six adults of my household wish to thank you, Kiwi wants to work in Canada. Thank you for your expertise and generosity. We will all go to work happier and cleaner on Monday thanks to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics