Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel Machine Size

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 walterptiv

walterptiv

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

In the course of replacing things to repair a problem, I am replacing the main controller board. I know that I need to set the machine size for it to function. I cannot figure out what the proper size should be. I have a "standard" GWL10. Is the size stamped somewhere?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

I'm fairly sure a GWL10 is a 7.5KG washer.  In NZ you press and hold wash temp up button and then press power and release both, it should beep 3 or 4  times, you then press the spin speed up button once, which lights up the bottom spin light, then press power to store. I am unsure if your washers are the same but hopefully it helps.
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

[align=left]SIZE SETTING MODE (SAME AS SERIES 8)[/align]

[align=left]It is important to set the size of the machine into the Motor Controller's memory whenever a[/align]
[align=left]replacement Motor Controller or Display Module is fitted to the washing machine. Failure to do[/align]
[align=left]this could result in the machine faulting to detailed fault code 9.[/align]
[align=left]To set the size turn the power on at the power point and off at the console. Press and hold the[/align]

[align=left]TEMPERATURE UP
button then press the POWER button. The machine will give 4 short[/align]
[align=left]beeps and the pattern of LED's will change.[/align]
[align=left]Press the
TEMPERATURE UP button until the COLD LED is on for 5kg & 5.5kg machines.[/align]
[align=left]Press the
WATER LEVEL UP button until the LOW WATER LED is on for 6.5kg machines.[/align]
[align=left]Press the
SPIN SPEED UP button until the SPIN HOLD LED is on for 7kg/7.5kg machines.[/align]
[align=left](This is the setting for GWL10)[/align]
[align=left]Press
POWER to exit this mode.[/align]
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics