Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
pkwyman

Whirlpool Dryer

6 posts in this topic

My whirlpool duet dryer will not start. When the start button is pushed the time remaining display goes to "- -". I have tried unplugging it and turning the breaker off and then back on (Even though they are both basically the same thing), and pressing and holding the "end of cycle" button and it still won't work. Any other ideas on what it could be?

pkwyman

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I just saw it was a dryer, will re post..

Did you ever figure out what that - - error was on your duet? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find anything on it, and of course the wife is pissed. Somehow this must be my fault.

The problem turned out to be a shorted front panel. The repair guy had to call his parent company who in turn had to call whirlpool. Easy to replace yourself but unfortunately $315 for the part. would have been another $92 to have the repair guy come out to replace the thing so I did it myself.

Thanks! I unplugged the dryer and it now seems to be working OK, with the exception of a quiet beeping noise when it runs. Did you have the beeping noise too?

I didn't have the beeping noise. Mine simply quit working and gave me the double dash indication. I'm glad yours reset with power shut down. Mine would not.