Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Lift Switch Actuator Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Wreck-Diver

Wreck-Diver

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

Hello All,

We have a Maytag Performa top loading washer, and it became unbalanced when my wife was doing her laundry. Unfortunately it stopped working after that. She came upstairs and handed me a lift switch actuator (I hope is the right name)... it is the white plastic mechanism that moved when the lid is opened and closed. She also found a metal (curved at one end) piece that it seems goes with it. I cant find the part name for this.

So I took the washer apart, put the actuator back in but cannot figure out where the metal part goes. Seems that when the actuator is in there by itself, it will not quite reach the switch and I am thinking that the metal part will need to work in conjunction with it. I am wondering if there is also a spring that I haven't found yet. Can someone offer advise? If you know of a parts schematic/diagram instead, that would really help me to. I have not found one yet that displays much of use.

Thanks in advance!!

Wade

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,917 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

What's that model number?

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:12 AM

You should look around in the bottom of the machine for the missing spring. I'm pretty sure the newer Maytags have the same type of lid switch actuator/out of balance lever as the old ones. If they are you are missing a spring.

Give Model# and we can try to supply some pictures of how it goes back together.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Applaince Repair
Eureka, CA 95501
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,917 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

There's a tech bulletin out on a revised lid switch for certain Maytag dryers.  I can find it and post it with a model number.

Edit:  I meant washers!  :shock:

#5 Wreck-Diver

Wreck-Diver

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:25 PM

Hey thanks so much for the fast replies! This is a great forum!! It looks like the model number is "LAT2300AAC".

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,917 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

Yep, there's a new lid switch out on this puppy:

Posted Image

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

Samurai, I don't think it's the switch he is looking for.

He needs to repair or replace the lid switch actuator/out of balance lever assembly.

Here's a picture of the parts break down of how the actuator/out of balance parts go together.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Maytag/LW16-22.gif for the parts breakdown. Ref#10 is the complete assembly or you can order individual parts of it, (like the spring you may need).

Here's the part you need:
CLICK HERE 22001969 Unbalance lever and lid switch actuator assembly

Posted Image

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 Wreck-Diver

Wreck-Diver

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

Hello [user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] and [user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user],

This is just what I needed!! Since there is a TSB on this part, would it be covered by Maytag?

The pictures really helped!! I am going to go give it a whirl (so to speak). :) I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!!

Wade

#9 Wreck-Diver

Wreck-Diver

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hey I just wnated to say THANKS again... your picture helped... I got it reinstalled and everything tightened back up, and it is working like a new washer! Wish I knew how to make it up to you all... You guys are great!!

-Wade

#10 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

Hello, my wreck-diving friend.  Our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, is receiving his methadone treatment and so is indisposed at the moment.  However, on his behalf, I graciously accept your expression of appreciation and will pass this along to our dear host as soon as he is stops drooling and wetting himself.

And in answer to your question about Maytag funding this repair because it was mentioned in a service bulletin, I believe you would need to stand in line behind the army of angry Neptune owners awaiting their $0.69 compensation from the class-action lawsuit settlement.

Allahu Akbar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics