Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

What to do with a dead Calypso

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mvatsaas

mvatsaas

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

I have the misfortune of owning a Calypso washer (the Kenmore version). In November, it broke down for the 3rd time. That was when I found out about the class action lawsuit against Whirlpool. However, I was able to repair it myself for about $300 with help from the web (including fixitnow.com). I thought it was as good as new.

Then, in February, it broke again. Now I have a broken but only 2.5 year old Calypso that is practically new, except for the fact that it won't turn on. I believe it needs only a new control board and/or control panel, but I am now unwilling to toss more good money after bad.

I have since bought a new washer, and I now have a broken Calypso sitting in my garage. I payed a lot of money for it 2.5 years ago, and I just replaced most of the mechanical stuff in November, so I'm hoping it is worth something to someone.

Any ideas on where I can sell this washer for more than scrap? Thanks very much.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

Fear not! We have an instructional video right here...

http://www.big-boys....ernadewash.html
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

Do not wish this thing on anybody, please....just see if some repair shop in your area might take it for the parts and give you a few $$$  for it after you tell them what parts are new....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

yes,please disassemble it at once,so none of us have to break the bad news to some other unsuspecting consumer, orange juicers should be used for just that- making o.j.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics