Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
nickfixit

Get more than a rental

1 post in this topic

Before you get an appliance at a Rental company, concider this.

Two weeks ago I go out on a service call for a refrigerator that leaks water on the floor. The customer got the unit from the local chain store rental place. I took off the back panel, and found a cracked drain pan. I made a temporary repair, and ordered the pan for her.

Today I get the call to install the pan. When I took off the rear panel, a great number of COCKROACHES came running out everywhere. It was really a bad infestation.

When you get something from a rental company, you have no idea where it has been, or what might be ready to hatch after it's in your home. They normally clean the inside and outside really well, but some areas are not touched. 

I have removed the cover from the inside of  freezers, and found dead insects and their droppings. I have also found mice droppings in the compressor area.

Something to think about.

Nick

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!