LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Get more than a rental

nickfixit

Before you get an appliance at a Rental company, concider this.

Two weeks ago I go out on a service call for a refrigerator that leaks water on the floor. The customer got the unit from the local chain store rental place. I took off the back panel, and found a cracked drain pan. I made a temporary repair, and ordered the pan for her.

Today I get the call to install the pan. When I took off the rear panel, a great number of COCKROACHES came running out everywhere. It was really a bad infestation.

When you get something from a rental company, you have no idea where it has been, or what might be ready to hatch after it's in your home. They normally clean the inside and outside really well, but some areas are not touched. 

I have removed the cover from the inside of  freezers, and found dead insects and their droppings. I have also found mice droppings in the compressor area.

Something to think about.

Nick

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived