Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire frs26 sxs in-door water dispenser repair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 cshupe

cshupe

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

I have ordered a new plastic actuator arm for this water dispenser.  How do I access the pivots and the control arm to replace it?  Do I need to remove the back panel?  Take off the perimeter seal to get the panel off?  Or do I go from the front, removing the front panel and parts till I get to it...?

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 cshupe

cshupe

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

Hard to believe that nobody's had to do a repair to the water dispenser on a late-model frigidaire sxs....

Do I need to donate beer money first??!

:?

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

all of the parts are accessible from the front(outside) of fridge as your exploded diagram shows, if i remember correctly(been a while) the trim is taped on to the door w/2 sided tape. once you have the housing open,it's a pretty straight forward disassembly/reassembly.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 cshupe

cshupe

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

The pivots probably snap into the housing....there is a linkage arm that needs to be attached, which is hidden in the exploded view.  That's the connection I was worried about. 

You're saying I can get to it from the front, with some disassembly.  That should make it pretty easy to do!  The trim with the two-sided tape...you mean the front panel with the switches on it, no?

#5 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Just a shot....see if removing the flat bottom drip tray lets you get to three screws to remove the front panel and frame. If so remove the quick discoonnects and set that off to the side. Then three more screws to get to the housing itself.
UNPLUG your refrigerator from power source BEFORE servicing.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

#6 cshupe

cshupe

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

Yes there are three screws behind the drip tray.  Looks like a good place to start! 

I will disassemble the dispenser when the part arrives.   Should be here this week, so I may have to revive this thread then.  For now, I have epoxied the arm back together, and told the five-year-old to go easier on the water supply.  It's holding for now...

Thank you for your input!  And for reminding me to unplug first....!  :D

#7 cshupe

cshupe

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

I just noticed how popular this thread is, three years later!  For an update:
Yes, I made the repair with the new arm.  There is some simple disassembly, but nothing too drastic.  Go in thru the front of the freezer door, removing the trim, and the new arm fits right in. 
Hasn't broken again, just told the kids to go a bit easier on it this time!  Good repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics