Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore wash/dryer combo 417.97802791240

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 derek zoolander

derek zoolander

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

Looking for the starting point on dismantling the dryer to access the heating element and drum rollers . It started arcing and I found the drum was "sagging" need to get under the hood to fix it up, I'm running outta clean undies!!

Derek

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:15 AM

this is a fridgidaire built unit and does not contain drum rollers,but instead uses a "trailer hitch" type of bearing in the rear and a felt,teflon glide system in the front- to gain access, you'll need to first remove the power(unplug unit) and remove the centre transition(the metal peice that is on an angle) by removing 2 screws near the top and sliding the panel upward.  then,remove the 2 small black phillips head screws in the bottom of the console endcaps and 2 roberts head screws that are located beside them-the control panel will then lift a bit and flpi forward.  the front dryer panel can then be removed by taking 2 screws from the bottom and 4 from across the top. once the panel is off,disconnect belt and lift rear of drum upward- upon inspection,you will probably find you need to replace the rear bearing and the front glide/seal and if the element is broken or sagging,you will need to replace it as well(visible once drum is out)- all of these parts are available through this website.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 derek zoolander

derek zoolander

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

Thank you for your time, I will begin after dinner.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

bon apetite'
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

p.s. you can turn the undies inide out for a little extra mileage        :poison:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics