Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Washer leaks 30 min after finished

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brose73

brose73

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

I know I'm starting off breaking a rule by not knowing the brand or model. My girlfriend called me with "the washer is leaking" line. I went thru the general questions of what could have caused it. No answers, So I went over and started a new load, I checked the supply lines and the drain line during the whole run and watched the floor the whole time. Nothing. Put the cloths in the dryer and left. came back about an hour later water was on the floor. I checked where the drain line goes in the wall and it was dry, every place was dry except for the floor, not much maybe a gallon. Any help or ideas are apprecited

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

A model no is probably the most important thing a washing machine can have, and as for the brand, I feel sorry for your machine as I think the relationship is a little one sided.  You will have to go deeper with the W/M and get in touch with its inner being ( remove the covers and possibly tilt back or foward depending on what it is;) ), and always make sure the lights are out (turn the power off to the washer to make sure). When enlightenment has been achieved, post a message with all the details:shock:.
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

i have been fooled this way before,the key words are "put the clothes in the dryer and left"- if the exhaust vent for the dryer is clogged,condensation will form near the blockage and run back down and out of the vent- the water may pool on the floor near the washer,fooling one into thinking that is where it came from.if you eliminate this as a possibility,the only place the machine can leak when turned off,is from the pump,or a hose that contains "standing water" as the grandmaster samurai says "all leaks are evident" its just a matter of casting your peepers upon the source.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics