Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

lg DLG3788W gas dryer lp converter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinky1352

pinky1352

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

I need to install the LP converter for this dryer, and I have the part. I just can't figure out how to get this puppy open <grin>

I've searched the forums for this particular question and I could only find an answer for another model number. This answer stated to take the top of and then the front. The top was no problem to remove, but does anyone know how to remove the front?

I also looked at the link to fixitnow.com but LGs aren't listed. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

Looks like have to take the console off, the bar that holds the console then the screws that hold the front to the case sides..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 pinky1352

pinky1352

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I figured it out while I was waiting for an answer.

Step by step instructions with pictures:

First remove 6 screws on the back of the dryer that hold the top on.

Posted Image

Next remove the two screws located in top front corners that hold the front panel on

Posted ImagePosted Image

Then CAREFULLY pry down the releasing tabs. Go easy, as these can break off (Don't you know I did just that on furthest right corner<grin>;)

Then disconnect front panel wiring harnesses. These are color coded, so they will be simple to replace.

Posted Image

Now you can get to the four screws that hold the front panel on. Remove those.

Posted Image

Release dryer door wiring harness

Posted Image

Conversion kit goes in bottom right side.

Posted Image

I circled the white plastic "change screw". I had a heck of a time getting that to turn (I think it may have had loctite on it?) I finally had to loosen the uppermost brass nut so that I could get a pair of pliers on the flatter part of the plastic screw to break the seal. A flat blade screwdriver as per LG's instructions was just stripping the slot. Once the seal was broken, the screwdriver worked just fine.

I hope these instuctions help someone else!

Thanks again.

PS..Pegi..I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of my original post so that I could mention that we now have instructions and pictures. Is that possible to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics