Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool washer repairguy in distress!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dave812

dave812

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:16 PM

model number

under lid i see stylemaster number 4214289

on back panel of machine [stamped  3357978]

on the back panel of machine white label  Y432914

surely hope one of those is the desired number i saw nothing on machine's cabinet indicating model number and have looked all over...across the control panel reads

whirlpool super capacity plus

brief history of the last week of my washers life.  it stopped spinning and agitating and i did some trouble shooting on this site and discovered the drive coupler needed to be replaced. took cabinet off / pump off / motor off / took coupler off and replaced.   noticed a really rusty clamp the one on the bottom that holds pump to motor but thought nothing more of it but apparently we have had a leak to some degree for a while. once back together all is working fine except it leaks a river.  so im back in troubleshoot mode and discover from this helpful site hey the pump looks like its been leaking so ill replace that and be the hero...right? so ive replaced the pump reassembled everything and ran the washer thru its cycle well i still have a river when it drains the water. so cabinet is back off and im thinking what have i done wrong here...hoses are hooked up to pump properly no leaks there / cant really tell where water would be getting away from where it belongs to be honest. I did notice when i was putting pump onto motor shaft it had developed some rust on the motor shaft that connects to pump but i thought a new pump in good working order would do the trick and that the rust issue there was probably from the time the old one was leaking. so here i am at my wits end and pleading for any help or guidance.

thanks in advance

dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,690 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:28 AM

Let us open our hymnals to the 7th Law of the Prophecy, wherein it is written... well, you can read it for yourself: http://fixitnow.com/...ance-repair.htm

Remove the cabinet again and run the washer that way. Now lay on the floor and watch for the leak. Nothing mysterious or psychotic: leaks are visual that way. Is simple, da?

#3 dave812

dave812

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

The leak is coming from the center of the pump where motor shaft goes in.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

Not valid model numbers, but sounds like you need to simply replace the water pump.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 dave812

dave812

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:30 PM

yep replaced the pump before i made the first post this is the new pump thats leaking actually. I guess ill have to return the new pump and try another.

#6 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

Did you have to force the pump onto the shaft?  I've had people come in and buy pumps take em home and where the old one has leaked for awhile, not clean the shaft to let it slide on properly, give it alittle persuasion and bust the new one.  double check the motor shaft for rust corrosion etc. before installing the new pump. Also make sure the pump clamps are good and sturdy. If one gets weak and doesn't hold tight it will let the pump set side goggled and wear the center out......good luck.....
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics