Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

no heat on my kennmore gas dryer for the second time.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

So about a year ago my dyer quit heating,i know nothing about dryers but being a motorcycle tech the first thing a go for is the fuse,and it was bad so problem fixed.now a year later no heat again but the fuse is good.i thought maybe the igniter but don't want to waste money since i do not know how to check if the igniter is bad,or maybe it's something else,any suggestions?   

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 hvacdrd

hvacdrd

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

without your model number I don't know what you are looking at. Does it have a panel below the dryer door?

#3 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

ok me again it looks like there are 2 thermostats can they cause the dryer not to heat?

#4 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

ooo sorry model\stock no.      975501201/75501

#5 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:34 PM

so i figured out how to get to the coils do you think maybe they could be the problem?

#6 hvacdrd

hvacdrd

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

I didn't get a hit on the model number but we can go from here - When you start the dryer in the high heat cycle does the ignitor come on? If so what happens next?

#7 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

I can't see if the igniter is on ,if i take it apart enough to see the igniter there is nothing to support the the spinning tub,the front panel supports the tub,can i do an ohms test on the igniter or the coils? if so what numbers should they be? 

#8 hvacdrd

hvacdrd

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

Give me a minute to find the link for testing the coils...

#9 hvacdrd

hvacdrd

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:04 PM

Found it courtesy of The Master

Posted Image

If you remove the belt and pull the drum out you can run the burner for a short time for a visual on the ignitor (The door switch will need to be connected or jumped)

#10 NatasCore

NatasCore

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

ok thanks for the info i checked the coils and ohms test is good and i diconnected the belt to run the unit . but i see nothing from the burner ,i figure i should see a spark ? so i looked when it was dark but nothing happens in the burner area.so maybe its the igniter?    and who is the master  can i get test procedures on the igniter and other stuff?

#11 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:53 AM

Just test the igniter with your ohm meter, get a reading it is good, no reading it is broken, same with the flame switch and thermostats and thermofuse on the vent housing...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#12 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:57 AM

Here is the breakdown for your dryer, can see the parts in the right column..check that thermofuse ref. # 9, in the bulkhead area,  if it is bad kills the heat circuit...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics