Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
NatasCore

no heat on my kennmore gas dryer for the second time.

12 posts in this topic

So about a year ago my dyer quit heating,i know nothing about dryers but being a motorcycle tech the first thing a go for is the fuse,and it was bad so problem fixed.now a year later no heat again but the fuse is good.i thought maybe the igniter but don't want to waste money since i do not know how to check if the igniter is bad,or maybe it's something else,any suggestions?   

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

without your model number I don't know what you are looking at. Does it have a panel below the dryer door?

ok me again it looks like there are 2 thermostats can they cause the dryer not to heat?

ooo sorry model\stock no.      975501201/75501

so i figured out how to get to the coils do you think maybe they could be the problem?

I didn't get a hit on the model number but we can go from here - When you start the dryer in the high heat cycle does the ignitor come on? If so what happens next?

I can't see if the igniter is on ,if i take it apart enough to see the igniter there is nothing to support the the spinning tub,the front panel supports the tub,can i do an ohms test on the igniter or the coils? if so what numbers should they be? 

Give me a minute to find the link for testing the coils...

Found it courtesy of The Master

gasdryervalveohms.gif

If you remove the belt and pull the drum out you can run the burner for a short time for a visual on the ignitor (The door switch will need to be connected or jumped)

ok thanks for the info i checked the coils and ohms test is good and i diconnected the belt to run the unit . but i see nothing from the burner ,i figure i should see a spark ? so i looked when it was dark but nothing happens in the burner area.so maybe its the igniter?    and who is the master  can i get test procedures on the igniter and other stuff?

Just test the igniter with your ohm meter, get a reading it is good, no reading it is broken, same with the flame switch and thermostats and thermofuse on the vent housing...

Here is the breakdown for your dryer, can see the parts in the right column..check that thermofuse ref. # 9, in the bulkhead area,  if it is bad kills the heat circuit...