Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Dave50

Trouble starting Whirlpool gas dryer

3 posts in this topic

My dryer - Whirlpool model LGR7848DQ1 has quit running properly. When I set the timer dial and push start, nothing happens. If I fiddle with the timer dial, the dryer sometimes starts, but it usually quits before the clothes are dry. At present it has added the feature of only starting on timed dry and air dry. By pulling out on the timer handle slightly in the heating part of timed dry, it will start and heat up. When you let go of the handle it stops. It seems to start with just wiggling in the final part of the timed dry cycle and in the air dry cycle.

My best guess is that this is the timer (I've checked the thermostats (I could only find two) for continuity and the other switches seem okay (since it will start sometimes they would not seem to be the problem). Is there something else I may be missing or should I just go ahead and try replacing the timer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes, sounds like you have burnt contacts in the timer....

Like Pegi says, I say same......

You need a timer, Get one here: CLICK HERE

If for some reason this isn't your problem you can return the part but I'm sure your timer is bad from your description.