Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dryer won't stay running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ajl

ajl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

Samurai-san,

My wonderful 3 year old Kenmore Elite model 11073954100 doesn't stay running.  This happened before, I ran the diagnostic on the tech sheet and replaced the Even Heat control board.  This was last year.

The same thing has happened. If you hold in the start button, it stays running, let go and it stops. I ran the tech sheet diagnosis again and it said the same thing. So I grudgingly (and perhaps stupidly) got another EvenHeat control board, replaced it and it still doesn't work.

Everything else works, heat, runs, no absurd noises.   What else could be wrong?

An interesting sidenote:  If I run the diagnostic and click the timer control through "off" it stops the test mode.  But if I try and start the diagnostic test right away again (following the tech sheet), nothing happens. But, if I unplug and plug the dryer back in, I can start the diagnostic test again.

Any help is most appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:35 AM

Suspect the motor relay, ref. # 37....  as a test reverse the motor and heat relay, ref. #42, if it stays running you know the motor relay needs to be replaced, part # 3405281
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

Relay....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 ajl

ajl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:53 AM

Thanks. Going to attempt it now. I'll let you know what I find...

#5 ajl

ajl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

Yep, it was the motor relay.  Of course, none of the Sears parts centers near me has one, so I had to order it with expedited shipping.  The wife won't be happy being without a dryer again, but at least we don't have to buy a new one ( yet)

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics