Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

ajl

Kenmore Dryer won't stay running

5 posts in this topic

Samurai-san,

My wonderful 3 year old Kenmore Elite model 11073954100 doesn't stay running.  This happened before, I ran the diagnostic on the tech sheet and replaced the Even Heat control board.  This was last year.

The same thing has happened. If you hold in the start button, it stays running, let go and it stops. I ran the tech sheet diagnosis again and it said the same thing. So I grudgingly (and perhaps stupidly) got another EvenHeat control board, replaced it and it still doesn't work.

Everything else works, heat, runs, no absurd noises.   What else could be wrong?

An interesting sidenote:  If I run the diagnostic and click the timer control through "off" it stops the test mode.  But if I try and start the diagnostic test right away again (following the tech sheet), nothing happens. But, if I unplug and plug the dryer back in, I can start the diagnostic test again.

Any help is most appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks. Going to attempt it now. I'll let you know what I find...

Yep, it was the motor relay.  Of course, none of the Sears parts centers near me has one, so I had to order it with expedited shipping.  The wife won't be happy being without a dryer again, but at least we don't have to buy a new one ( yet)

Thanks for your help!