Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

HELP! Dishwasher - do I need a new sequence switch?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 dfosbenner

dfosbenner

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:07 PM

Great job there Jack.  Sounds like we've covered this subject pretty thoroughly.  On my DW, there's enough slack that I can pull it all the way out w/out disconnecting the water & drain lines - what a great benefit!  So much easier.

'Till the next breakdown :P

-Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 TooManyToys

TooManyToys

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Dave,

I changed my hard copper to a flex line years ago when I changed out my first dishwasher.  I'm on my 3rd dishwasher in the 24 years in this house and glad I made that alteration.  And my electrical line is long, so it's a simple pull out for me as well.

I hope this thread does help others in the future.  I just could not find a good discussion when googling.  I sure glad you added that site for the diagnostic code.  That helped alot.

Thanks,

Jack

#23 Kay

Kay

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:21 PM

Hi, Jack,

Well this is the best repair experience I have had yet!  So far I have fixed my disposal, my jacuzzi, my dryer (ok, two times), and my oven with basically zero experience amd very little background material such as specifications or schematics to assist - I can troubleshoot and figure out what is most likely the problem, but trying to fix the appliances is more of a challenge for me.  Our installation of the new igniter in the bottom of my GE oven was a bonding experience for me and my husband (it took both of us and happily we are still talking to one another).  Interestingly we bought our appliances in 1998 at the time of our remodel and they are all breaking in one fashion or another at about the same time.  Hmmm.

Thank you very much for the detailed step-by-step instructions.  This is my first dishwasher repair, so it truly is a matter of not having experience in this area.  I found a website that had a more detailed exploded drawing of my dishwasher model so I can see where the pump assembly is, but I have never taken the dishwasher out before - the hints on the buckets and towels is a good one since we have wooden flooring in our kitchen.  I will give this a shot and with your gentle guidance I do not feel too intimidated to try it!

Kind regards,

Kay

#24 TooManyToys

TooManyToys

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

Kay,

Based on what you've done, you should have no issues.  Just try to get the unit to pump out as much water as it can, and when you slide the unit back use a flashlight to watch how the drain hose is laying.  You don't want to form a kink if it's the GE convoluted hose.

Jack

#25 dfosbenner

dfosbenner

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

I replaced my valve body Tuesday night.  The rubber flapper valve inside it was mush.  I poked it with a screwdriver, and it fell in two pieces instantly.  Not sure what the behavior would've been then, but it's replaced now.  Three crummer rubber check valves on this model that disintegrated at the 5 yr mark.

#26 TooManyToys

TooManyToys

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

[user=946]dfosbenner[/user] wrote:

.........'Till the next breakdown :P

-Dave

That was a short goodbye Dave  :drowning:  At least that one is easy to get to.

I think their materials science engineer needs more work.  I can't believe all of the brands go through this.  And now you know why I decided to keep a set of all of them.  At least by knowing where they are, what problems they can cause, and having them handy your ahead of the game.

I told my wife I'm not sure we will ever get another GE dishwasher again.

Jack

#27 dfosbenner

dfosbenner

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

I've decided it's Maytag for the new purchases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics