Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rkpatt

Whirlpool washer electronic tempuratire control troubleshooting ?

15 posts in this topic

The washer is a Whirlpool GSX9885JQO ( the o might be a 0 ) - Catalyst 3 speed electronic washer .

I am having a problem with the electronic water temperature control ( "Accuwash TM " ) .

The automatic temperature control is only delivering hot water in the "warm" setting (Accuwash setting on ) . When placed in the manual temperature mode ( Accuwash setting off ) mode I get get warm water but the water is not warm enough because of the distance to the water hear .

How do I trouble shoot this system ? -thank you

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm not pulling up anything with that model number.  Re-check it.

Do your washer have in-built heater in the washer?

If "No", there may not be any problem in the washer. The cause is the "too low" temp of the "hot water" supply at inlet.

How hot is the water at the "hot water" inlet/tap? Be careful inlet hot water could reach 140 F or higher.

If the inlet hot water is only "lakewarm", there is no way to get "hot" unless there is extra local heating.

oops - The correct model # is GSX 9885JQO ( the letter O might be the number 0 ) - thanks

You can check the accuwash sensor.  Your going to have to get to the control board. Remove the connector marked P5 from the board.  Measure the resistance between P5-5 and P5-4 at the wire harness connector, it should read between 74K and 24K. If it's not in this range make sure there is continuity between the connector and sensor.  If you have continuity here replace the temp sensor.  If the valves and temp sensor check good, you have a control board issue...Ron

[user=153]rkpatt[/user] wrote:

oops - The correct model # is GSX 9885JQO ( the letter O might be the number 0 ) - thanks

I'm sure you're reporting it right, I just can't pull up anything on that model number.  Sounds like Ron has a good handle on the problem, though. 

Thanks Ron . I will check it . BTW where is the actual location of the sensor ? Any links available to diagrams ? - thanks

To get diagrams, best place is PartSelect.com. Your model number will come up if you enter GSX9885JQ0 (zero at the end, no space between the X and 9). The sensor is an integral part of the water valve assembly.

00091367.jpg

Is there a place to get a good tech sheet on troubleshooting this washer?  I have one that doesn't drain.  It seems that the Drain recirculation selonoid does not seem to be tripping.  Of course the wiring schematic gives Ohms for all selonoids except this one.

Good Stuff!  I think I found a new home for those troublesome computerized appliances!  Only bad thing I found is that all info points to EITHER a bad selonoid OR control board.... no way to know but trying a replacement :(  Oh well, I am sure that valve is about 70$  I sure hope it is the problem ......

[user=4439]AppGuy[/user] wrote:

Is there a place to get a good tech sheet on troubleshooting this washer?  I have one that doesn't drain.  It seems that the Drain recirculation selonoid does not seem to be tripping. 

I used to see a lot of this, the solenoid would mechanically jam up. Only answer is to replace the whole thing.

Well, I went thru every test on the service manual :P all checks out ok.  So hopefully no damage to the board and replacing the selonoid will fix it.  Makes me feel better to see someone say they see it happen alot.  I don't get too many of the newer machines thru the shop, and the other partner would just throw it out.  I'm too stuborn to just throw it away, much less the curiosity gets the best of me :P