Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer electronic tempuratire control troubleshooting ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rkpatt

rkpatt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

The washer is a Whirlpool GSX9885JQO ( the o might be a 0 ) - Catalyst 3 speed electronic washer .

I am having a problem with the electronic water temperature control ( "Accuwash TM " ) .

The automatic temperature control is only delivering hot water in the "warm" setting (Accuwash setting on ) . When placed in the manual temperature mode ( Accuwash setting off ) mode I get get warm water but the water is not warm enough because of the distance to the water hear .

How do I trouble shoot this system ? -thank you

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,047 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

I'm not pulling up anything with that model number.  Re-check it.

#3 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:09 PM

Do your washer have in-built heater in the washer?

If "No", there may not be any problem in the washer. The cause is the "too low" temp of the "hot water" supply at inlet.

How hot is the water at the "hot water" inlet/tap? Be careful inlet hot water could reach 140 F or higher.

If the inlet hot water is only "lakewarm", there is no way to get "hot" unless there is extra local heating.
The Seven

#4 rkpatt

rkpatt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:36 PM

oops - The correct model # is GSX 9885JQO ( the letter O might be the number 0 ) - thanks

#5 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

You can check the accuwash sensor.  Your going to have to get to the control board. Remove the connector marked P5 from the board.  Measure the resistance between P5-5 and P5-4 at the wire harness connector, it should read between 74K and 24K. If it's not in this range make sure there is continuity between the connector and sensor.  If you have continuity here replace the temp sensor.  If the valves and temp sensor check good, you have a control board issue...Ron

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,047 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

[user=153]rkpatt[/user] wrote:

oops - The correct model # is GSX 9885JQO ( the letter O might be the number 0 ) - thanks

I'm sure you're reporting it right, I just can't pull up anything on that model number.  Sounds like Ron has a good handle on the problem, though. 

#7 rkpatt

rkpatt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Ron . I will check it . BTW where is the actual location of the sensor ? Any links available to diagrams ? - thanks

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

To get diagrams, best place is PartSelect.com. Your model number will come up if you enter GSX9885JQ0 (zero at the end, no space between the X and 9). The sensor is an integral part of the water valve assembly.

Posted Image

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,047 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:07 AM

Sears also the exact same diagrams of your washer.

Here's the direct link to the water valve assembly

#10 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

Is there a place to get a good tech sheet on troubleshooting this washer?  I have one that doesn't drain.  It seems that the Drain recirculation selonoid does not seem to be tripping.  Of course the wiring schematic gives Ohms for all selonoids except this one.

#11 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

Job Aid manual on this washer....Click Here....

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#12 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:38 PM

TECH SHEET         WIRING SHEET
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#13 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:00 PM

Good Stuff!  I think I found a new home for those troublesome computerized appliances!  Only bad thing I found is that all info points to EITHER a bad selonoid OR control board.... no way to know but trying a replacement :(  Oh well, I am sure that valve is about 70$  I sure hope it is the problem ......

#14 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

[user=4439]AppGuy[/user] wrote:

Is there a place to get a good tech sheet on troubleshooting this washer?  I have one that doesn't drain.  It seems that the Drain recirculation selonoid does not seem to be tripping. 

I used to see a lot of this, the solenoid would mechanically jam up. Only answer is to replace the whole thing.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#15 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

Well, I went thru every test on the service manual :P all checks out ok.  So hopefully no damage to the board and replacing the selonoid will fix it.  Makes me feel better to see someone say they see it happen alot.  I don't get too many of the newer machines thru the shop, and the other partner would just throw it out.  I'm too stuborn to just throw it away, much less the curiosity gets the best of me :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics