Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Early 1950's Thermador Wall Oven

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vikesrule

vikesrule

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

We just bought a house will all original kitchen appliances.  The house was built in 1953.  The wall oven turns on and heats, but it never shuts off unless I manually turn the oven off.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?  I can't even find the model number on it, help in this area would be useful.  I looked where this site directed me to, but it was not there.  It would be nice to salvage this beautiful unit so thank you for your help.  :)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

Would sound like the thermostat is bad.  If you cannot find the model number might take the thermostat to a parts house to see if they can match one up???  Or post a photo of the thermostat here for the Samuari to feast his eyes on, as he knows all and will have the answer....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 vikesrule

vikesrule

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

Unfortunately, when I tried to show a picture, it said my file was too big.

#4 GLC

GLC

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:40 PM

I have no ideas which program you use for pictures but try to send as a .gif or .jpg. Resample the picture to a smaller size in deminsions and then save as as .gif and try it again.
Unless specifically asked otherwise, remember to test with the unit unplugged, or breaker off.
CLICK HERE TO BUY PARTS
Appliance Repair In Maryland http://serviceeveryday.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

Photo size for attachments is limited to 175K.  This is more than plenty to clearly view any type of illustrative photo.  You can crop the photo or simply scale down its size by some percentage.

#6 vikesrule

vikesrule

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

Hopefully this is what you need.

Attached Files

#7 vikesrule

vikesrule

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:08 AM

Before I remove the thermostat, could someone tell me if its just maybe a wire disconnected on the back?  Here is a picture of the back, on the bottom of the picture its hard to see, but that white wire is not conected to anything and the middle terminal does not have any wires connected to it.  Thanks/.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Back.jpg   131.38KB   12 downloads

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

That does not look good!!!   Anyone in here can help him about where to connect these after he turns his breaker off to this very dangerous looking fire hazard??  :shock:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#9 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

From looking at your picture it would seem all your problems very well could be there in the back at the wires that are suppose to attach to the element recepticles.

Your lower element, (bake element), should just pull straight out from in front. You need to pull the element out and see if the center plug is just a ground to the frame of the element, (I'm pretty sure it will be). If that is all it is then the center wire not being connected shouldn't cause it not to work.

Also, when you pull the element out, look at the prongs that plug in and see what kind of shape they are in. These have a tendency to loose connection in the sockets and the ends then will become all pitted and arched and no longer make electrical connection in the socket recepticles.

It appears from your picture you have at least two wires loose and just hanging, the one white coming from the top broil element center post. And also, another white wire coming up from the bottom with a looped end that is not connected? If so then maybe the wire with the loop coming up from the bottom should be attached along with the white wire coming from the top element center post to the center post of the lower element. (WARNING: Don't do this if you don't know what your doing, I don't know what any of those wires are from here and you could very well create more of a problem for yourself).

Is that other thin copper looking wire at the bottom of your picture possible the t-stat capilary tube, and is that a arched burnt spot I see in the middle of it??????

From your picture, things look like a real mess back there and maybe it may be time for a new oven or to have an experienced repair person come out and take a look at it.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics