Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Beckett blast tube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 headcustodian

headcustodian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:59 AM

Hello everyone

I would like to know what the set back is from the nozzle to the end of the blast tube. When I pulled mine out it looks as if nozzle was back too far and burnt the end of the blast tube.

TIA Frank

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Rrey199

Rrey199

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

:dude: The setback from the combustion head is known as the "Z" clearance. If your combustion head is fixed to the end of the blast tube, then you probably have an F type head, and the set back would be 3/8 inches. You'd be better off getting yourself a Beckett T-500 gauge from a supply house to do the trick. They're usually free in the Beckett service binder, and are great for all your settings, including electrode gap, etc.

If nothing else, call Beckett at 1-800-oil-burn and request a service binder. I have ordered cases at a time for my oil heat classes. (They're free too!)

Check the draft over the fire, you should have no heat blowing back out of the view door. That's the most common cause of burn off.

Rusty

"ADD means never being bored"
"The answer is that.......wait...what was the question again?"

#3 headcustodian

headcustodian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:35 AM

Excellent! Rrey199

Thanks so much great info.

Boiler is pretty cloged up by seasons end. flame looks good,no black wisps. Thats why i was thinking it was adjusted wrong.(Z clearence)

One more question. What is the difference between a 75/80H and a 75/80ES nozzle?

Thanks again,Frank

#4 Rrey199

Rrey199

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

:dude: Here's some great info on nozzles.

http://www.delavanin...m/oilburner.htm

"ADD means never being bored"
"The answer is that.......wait...what was the question again?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics