Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

old Frigidaire stack dryer belt change

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ko-hai

ko-hai

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

Hi, I have an old Frigidaire stack unit  LC-248J-L*3.  I have removed the top, back, left side and front and can't get the new belt on!  Do I have to remove the motor and wireing or the fan to get the belt on?  Should I operate from the front or back?  HELP!         Aloha Andrew

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

Re-check that model number and get back to us.

http://fixitnow.com/...ommandments.htm

#3 ko-hai

ko-hai

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for responding.  The model #is LC-248J-L*3 it is clearly printed on a sticker attached to the top plate of the unit it also says Frigidaire Company Dayton Ohio  serial 20GM1652 and specs for the motor and heater.  The bottom of the sticker has Listed 138H printed on it.  It is OLD possibly from military housing.             Aloha Andrew

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Perhaps built for overseas sale, might not be able to pull this model # up here if this is so..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

Here's a model# close enough to help LC248JL6

Posted Image

CLICK HERE to see image in new window.

This is the an old frigidaire stack unit. These can be kind of tricky but if I remember correctly the trick to get the belt on without removing at least the motor wiring and two motor clips or trying to take the pulley/shaft off the motor which can be quite the job is to push the belt all into the blower wheel area and pull the plate ref#16 behind the blower wheel back and shove the belt out the back of blower between plastic housing and metal plate ref#16 that is held in place by the spring ref#65.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:44 AM

Disassembly explanations here:

Frigidaire and White-Westinghouse
Pop the top, remove the front panel screws, unstring the belt, and pull out the drum.

#7 ko-hai

ko-hai

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

Dom arigato appliance sensei, 

thanks for all of the tips, advice and diagrams.  None of them apply to my unit ( to old, I guess).  To any one else with this model take a deep breath, it is a four beer job.  The belt cost me $20 and I spent 4 hours on the job.  If I had to do it again it would take 1 hour.  Take off top, back and washer lid.  Remove drum.  The pully is between the motor and the fan.  Remove the 4 screws holding the fan bracket down and  the two screws that hold the heat sensor into the virtical face of the fan. You can work the belt between the fan housing and the front panal then under the fan and onto the pully.  If you 've gotten this far putting the belt around the druma and over the tensioner should be easy.  The Frigidaire pictures for threading belt are not for this unit.  Job well done and back to the remaining two beers.   If any one is in the same boat email me at wobbledome@yahoo.com and I will walk you through it.                         Aloha Andrew 

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

So did you even bother to read my post, I'm sure the picture I linked to is the unit you were working on.

The info Samurai post deffinitely is not what you have.

Did you try to put the belt in through the front opening of the blower housing or did you just assume I didn't know what I was talking about?????

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics