Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Washer Hook-up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_vmg103_*

Lurker_vmg103_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

O.K. - go easy on me on this one. I want to hook up two washers in my laundry room but only have one set of water faucets and one drain. Anyway to splice two washers into using the same water supply and drain?
:?
O.K. If you want to know why two washers - I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,840 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:03 AM

[user=0]vmg103[/user] wrote:

I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

Even using bleach you can't get your whites white?  Also, you need to make sure you're using a high efficiency detergent in the Neptune because the excessive sudsing will leave residue on your clothes, in addition to creating other nuisance problems. 

The plumbing is trivial:  they make y-adapters for the water supply and you can manually switch out the drain hoses depending on which washer you're using.  But you're not fixing the right problem and you're creating other headaches for yourself down the road (e.g., twice the flood risk with two washers). 

#3 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:36 PM

[user=0]vmg103[/user] wrote:

O.K. If you want to know why two washers - I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

There are now two types of Neptune washers. One is front-load horizontal-axis washer and the other is a top-load with two-washing discs. Which type do you have?
Both types have a different washing procedure from the regular (top-load with agitator) type.
The horizontal-axis washer should (in general) perform better than the regular washer.
If you follow the proper washing instruction of the washer, there should be no need of a second regular washer unless you have something else in mind.
The Seven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics