Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest vmg103

Washer Hook-up

3 posts in this topic

O.K. - go easy on me on this one. I want to hook up two washers in my laundry room but only have one set of water faucets and one drain. Anyway to splice two washers into using the same water supply and drain?

:?

O.K. If you want to know why two washers - I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=0]vmg103[/user] wrote:

I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

Even using bleach you can't get your whites white?  Also, you need to make sure you're using a high efficiency detergent in the Neptune because the excessive sudsing will leave residue on your clothes, in addition to creating other nuisance problems. 

The plumbing is trivial:  they make y-adapters for the water supply and you can manually switch out the drain hoses depending on which washer you're using.  But you're not fixing the right problem and you're creating other headaches for yourself down the road (e.g., twice the flood risk with two washers). 

[user=0]vmg103[/user] wrote:

O.K. If you want to know why two washers - I bought one of those expensive Maytag Neptune models (low water usage) and have not had white clothes since. I need a regular washer to get my whites clean again.

There are now two types of Neptune washers. One is front-load horizontal-axis washer and the other is a top-load with two-washing discs. Which type do you have?

Both types have a different washing procedure from the regular (top-load with agitator) type.

The horizontal-axis washer should (in general) perform better than the regular washer.

If you follow the proper washing instruction of the washer, there should be no need of a second regular washer unless you have something else in mind.