Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 110.92585100: Fixed No Spin! Now Balance Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mamaceleste

mamaceleste

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

Most Grateful Grasshopper here, reporting in!

Due to the superb wonderfulness of your advise I, myself, with humble screwdriver, was able to troubleshoot the 'no spin' breakdown, pull the cabinet, pull the motor, replace the (ah ha!) sheared motor coupler, put it back together, and Do The Laundry! :kiss:

Now, however, during the Spin Cycle there seems to be a great deal of noisy rattling and vibration, not so much as to causing walking or loud banging, but surely, down the road, something will break. Should I just wait til it does? I would so much rather get out said trusty screwdriver and have another go, if I knew where to start...

Your Obedient Apprentice,
Celeste
:notworthy:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

First make sure the coupler is installed correctly,, white pieces all of the way onto the shafts and all 6 prongs in the 6 rubber holes  and make sure the 4 rubber motor mounting gromets are in place.  Make sure the case is locked under the front of the base and the keeper tabs on the base are in the slots in the case on both sides.  Other than that do not know what could have gone wrong unless you laid the washer over.  If so let us know as you could have gotten the slide plate out of wack...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics