Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

need fuse link

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

I have a central vac with a whirlpool electric vac hose that powers the sweeper head. I have a bag from FSP that has a number 4152541. No one seems to stock this 90deg two prong fused plug.

No 21 on the hose drawing

Thanks
Keith

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

i know the peice well,all of the sears kenmore vac's used those hoses for years- the fuse has been discontinued some time ago,here are your choices: look for a used vaccuum dealer in your area who might likely have one "laying around" and be willing to part with it, replace the entire hose ass'y (if hose is that old,it's likely cracked somewhere anyhow) with fridgidaire/eureka/elecreolux etc. etc. etc.  part#20-5275 hose,to adapt this hose to a w/p style powerhead,a wand/wire kit are required as well- can furnish part # if req'd; see if there is a heyden dealer in your area,as their units used these hoses as well for a number of years,but have since gone broke here in canada. if you cannot locate one,i will see if i can locate one where i live and send it to you,but it may take me a while to locate one as most people i know have depleted their "supplies".   for the record(i am not advising or condoning this) but by whittling off the plastic sheild on the end of the cord the fuse inserts into,the cord then conveniently fits directly into the hose connection.  bear in mind the fuse is there to protect the user should the wires that travel the length of the hose become damaged,oveloaded,overheated or the like. the powerhead still has its own overload.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for looking. I am sure that there are others out there in the same boat as me. I have two hoses that are very new and do not look like they will need replacing for some time. I thought to make the cord fit in directly but was hoping that there was some place out there still making the part. Is there any plug in type overload that would fit between the wall outlet and the cord plug, that would give some protection in the event of a hose short?

Thanks
Keith

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

not that i have seen,look for a heyden dealer,or check the used dealers in your area,i will look here as well
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics