Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Brooks2741

Oven Mystery

6 posts in this topic

This is a free standing electric oven. A Caloric, Prestige series. The stovetop works just fine, although no lights come on in the panel. The oven will NOT work, no matter what we do. We have used a multimeter and we have 240v at the oven terminals, a good ground and power through the circut. There is maybe 22ohms of resistence through the heater element. What can be wrong?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the timer is set on automatic,or you have an open fuse

Where are the fuses located? I have looked all over the oven and cannot find any. How do I change the timer? Thanks.

Cannot help you with these requests without the model and serial numbers.......

Alright, the oven is:

Caloric

Prestige Series

Model - ESS357

Code - 2L

Serial - 6568964

Another note, the broiler will not work as well so I am suspecting the thermostat or control knob...

still say check fuses which are located under the flip up part of the console where the flour. light is(if so equipped)- fuses don't always turn black when they go,and therefore must be checked for continuity. make sure the clock is not set to auto bake as this will render your oven inoperative until you set it back to manual.