Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Smokn

Crosley side-by-side refrigerator

5 posts in this topic

I have a Crosley Shelvador side-by-side refrigerator (CS25A7DW) that seemed to be working fine when I got up this morning, then some time around noon I went to get me some ice and I noticed some water dripping out from my ice been. After further investigation I noticed that my ice-cream was all but pure liquid. So I turned up the thermostate thinking the door may have been crack open or something. A few hours latter I check on it and it was getting worse. It seem like the fresh food side was working properly, but by the end of the day it was apparent that both sides were gradualy losing their MoJo. I have studied this site looking for a miricle but no one mentioned a problem that seemed to go from working great to hardly working in just 5-6 hours. I am going to investigate some of the troubleshooting ideas that where suggested. Any insite to this rapid depleation would be greatly appriecated!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

see the posting titled "frosty jennair" it comes with great photo's that i'm sure you'll find is the same as your dilemma.

Sounds like your compressor is not running, see if this box is still under warranty..

I check my coils in the back of the refrigerator and they were pretty dusty so I cleaned them and I drained my drip pan and checked the tube for cloggage it was clear.  I also removed the cover inside my freezer revieling the fan compartment.  I turn the thermostat up and both fans (inside and inback) began to run, but still no cool air.  I tried turning the defrost timer and the fans turned off.  I turn it some more and they came back on.  I plan on doing some further investigating tonight.  I just wanted to keep everyone up to date.

Thanks.  If the fans are running the compressor is supposed to be also.  You either have a compressor that went south, a bad start relay on the compressor, a unit under restriction, or you blew a freon line.  The only cost effective repair would be the start relay unless it is under warranty.