Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Demon in my wall unit A/C (Whirlpool)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sr1

sr1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:06 AM

I have a Whirlpool Model AC1854XT0  Serial No: Y94292326 that is freaking out on me.  On the "auto" setting it is cycling continuously (about ever 3-4 minutes and has a weird hum constantly (even when the fan isn't running).  This just started last night.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sr1

sr1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:19 AM

Update, a service guy came out and said the compressor's bad, said it would be cheaper to get a new unit.  I looked it up and found the compressor # is 8201612.  Is that correct?  Anyone know of a cheaper place to get one or should I be looking for a new unit?

Thanks again!

#3 Lurker_ahammer48_*

Lurker_ahammer48_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

Hello

Well its kinda up to U. They want almost $300 + shipping for the comp. Then U gotta figure the time & effort to replace it if U do it yourself, or if U have someone do it. Also how old is the unit? If its over 5 yrs old I'd invest the money in a new unit, but thats MHO. 

Hope that helps:)

#4 sr1

sr1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

Yep, that is the impression I'm getting.  This thing is 14 years old.

Now, here's the REAL trick:  The hole in the wall is 25 and 7/8" wide by 18 and 3/4" high.  Most modern ones are 29" wide.  Anyone know how to get a 25-26" wide unit easily?  I can't find any in stock anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics