Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
apane

Help with repalcing seal kit on Maytag Washer

2 posts in this topic

Hello my Maytag Top Load washer is a little over a year old and started to leak water right above the transmission.  Maytag sent me the replacement parts.  This past weekend I took the washer apart and could not remove the round plate under the spline.  I removed the agitator and was able to remove the inner tub.  But how do you get to the seal?  If anyone has done this before I would greatly appreciate some help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

you need to remove the plastic tubnut and the metal peice which the tub was bolted to- for this,you need a special tool- good call on maytags part to mail out these parts to you!! if it's a year old,complain to them and make them dispatch a tech. at their expense.