Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

revlimit

Maytag Performa doesn't spin

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and appreciate any help on my probelm.  I've purchased a Maytag Performa Model PAV3360AWW about 3 years ago from BeestBuy.  Currently, the unit doesn't spin and will not drain the water.  When I close the lid, it will make the noise that it is trying to spin but it doesn't.  I read through some topic and the forum and I believe it is the belt.  I was wondering it is this is the case and how difficult is it to replace it.  Also, am I cover under the manufacters warranty.  Is there a place where I can get a schematic or how to diagram to take the unit apart to replace.  Once again thanks for the help in advance.

Paul

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You can reach underneath the washer and feelt whether or not the belt is intact.  However, if the washer agitates, then the belt is fine.  You could still remove it and inspect it as this may reveal clues to an underlying problem with the washer.  Does the motor run during the spin cycle?