Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher that won't pump

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

Model: SDU 3000.  Yes, that is the correct number, it's just over 20 years old.  I've gotten this far: racks out, unscrewed the plastic doohickey and taken out the watersquirter arm. Then popped out the round garbage screen.  And I opened the kicker plate at the bottom enough to see the little diagram pasted on it and lots of wires. OK, so maybe I don't know all the technical words.  What I think I need to know next is how do I get the motor out? The white plastic thing is still in the center. Does that come out first, if so how.  I'd really like to keep my trusty pal if at all possible, I've sortof decorated my kitchen around Harvest Gold. I can do without LEDs and such.  Help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

That number does not pull up but look to see if there are 4 white locking tabs underneath the motor thingie below the bottom of the tub.  If so these just turn to let you remove the motor/pump assy.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

Thanks, I'll look into that - but now I remembered I have another question.  Before I yank out the motor, could this be a solenoid problem? I read that some dishwashers have those.  I've replaced solenoids on my older cars in the past, so sorta have an idea.  Since I can't find much info on this model, do you know where I should look for it and how to test it? And oh yeah, thanks for the response

:D

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

Without being able to pull up a visual for this model, the older whirlpool d/w is  not known to have a pump out coil like the g/e/, h/p d/w's .  If it will not wash or drain, the motor may be out or the start realy.  If it washes but does not drain, could be something in the pump or a blockage in the drain line somewhere, check where it attaches to the house drain.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

I finally got the black drain hose unclamped to where it hooks in to the garbage disposal and some water drained out.  It didn't seem blocked.  When I ran it through its cycle, once again when it got to the drain part it just sortof made little buzzing and humming noises and didn't pump water.  So I guess it's the motor and/or pump?  I looked for the 4 tabs that you mentioned but don't see anything like that.  Are all or most Whirlpool motors attached like that?  Can I look for something else?  I am reduced to writing a bad haiku:

SDU 3000

Dishwasher will pump no more

Sobs of rank despair     :flush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics