Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
angelgirl1005829

Frigidaire Dryer Problems

4 posts in this topic

hi i have a frigidaire dryer : model number : FDE436RES1.  It has been working alright but it was sqealing very loudly while drying.  a couple days ago it stopped working.  the drum will not turn but the heat still works.  i had a friend check to see if the belt had snapped, but it's still together and fine.  my friend said that the pin in back of the drum broke.  My question is: Can i fix this on my own without getting hurt or do i need to call a repair man?  Any help you can give will be great.  thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

check your model number again i can't get it to run on any site

Yes you  can do it !

Frigidare has a complete berring  kit including grease.

I would also replace the front upper drum berring if it is worn or rusted.

Inspect the 3 plastic slides on the felt.  (if on this unit)

Wear cavlar gloves. (edges are very sharp !)

You need to remove the whole front of the dryer to remove the drum.

You may need a Canadian screwdriver. (Square #2... not philips)