Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer LD Signal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlanS

AlanS

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:23 PM

I have a Kenmore Washer Model 110.24082200.  I have bailed the water from the tub, just like a leaky fishing boat.  I now need to find out the cause of the LD error code.  There is no kinking of the hose.  What steps do I need to take to determine if something is clogged inside or the pump needs to be replaced.  Are these things I can do myself or do I need to get a repair person in here?  Manual machines where so much easier. 

I have tipped the machine on edge to assist in the bailing.  Help me oh teahcer to find them way and answers also.
Alan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

Some things to check...

When you try to pump out, any "pump-like" noises? What do you hear/see/smell? Remobe the pump from the motor (two clips) - can the pump be turned by hand using a flat blade screwdriver? These had a problem with the pumps seizing up when they first came out, I changed a lot of them under warranty.

I understand the pump is no longer a repair part, comes as a kit with the motor - anyone confirm?

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 AlanS

AlanS

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

Mad Mac
You are so far beyond me.  I need to know how to even get to the pump.  Where do I open the machine.  Turn on side?  Turn on Front and take off back?  Does this sound like I need a repair person?

Also.  There is no pump activity.  nada zip zilch. Don't smell anything.
Alan

#4 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

Tilt the washer back, access is from underneath. A picture speaks a thousand words......

Posted Image

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#5 AlanS

AlanS

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

Thanks.  You are right about the picture.  I will play repairman in the morning.  Regards, Alan

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:38 AM

Yes, the pump/motor comes as one assy. now, has been redesigned with a better motor, I understand.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 AlanS

AlanS

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

Decided to call repairman.  He came and told me I had to call Sears cuz he couldn't do diagnostics to determine if its the pump or computer chips.  Sears says a week to come out.  This is BS.  They can't give out diagnostic codes cuz only Sears Tech have them.  If I can determine if its the pump or computer, I could short change Sears out of the picture.  I can tell you I will never ever buy a sears product based upon this level of customer dis-service.  Any primer on the diagnostics out there?

Alan

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

If there's nho blockage in your drain hose, you need the motor/pump assembly:

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1058894

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:04 PM

have worked on oodles of these "things" and have yet to see a board cause a long drain code,usually pump is blocked,or a penny or something gets through the pump and lodges in the check valve that has been instered in the end of the drain hose that connects to washer. this valve is nothing more than a rubber insert that sorta looks like puckered lips at one end.since i got fooled by that,i have been removing these as i find they are just another source of restriction,and cannot see any valid use for them other than to quiet draining function-i like to hear the machine drain,especially after having an ld code.  for the record,the new pump/motor ass'y is an improvement,also comes with a handy netted laundry bag for the user to wash scanties in so they don't make it "overboard".
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics