Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer 110.26912690 tub not centered

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paragskt

paragskt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

The tub in my washer is leaning foreward and left.  When it spins it starts banging the side (even empty)  I leveled it and checked that all the leg are on the floor solid.  It feels like there should be some springs holding it centered and one came off.  I can hold the tub centered by hand when it spins and it seems normal but as soon as I let go it moves back to the corner and starts banging.  I have never had this washer apart before.  All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

There is a balance spring on the left rear facing the washer that if it broke or came loose would let the insides lean to the right front.  Since yours is leaning to the left front would suspect one of your brown slides have come loose or broken off of the base plate where is slides on the slide plate.  Cannot think of anything else.  Move or tip the washer to see if there might  be a dark brown plastic curved part on the floor about the size of a small pinkie finger.  Or if your 3 moving pins were not removed and were hanging there in there plastic cups one of them could have fallen into something and jammed it but would sure be making a lot of racket if this were so.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 paragskt

paragskt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

:DMaster, I went home last night and took the cabinet off the washer.  On the bottom of the tub there are brackets, with springs that hold the tub centered.  It is not in my parts breakdown that came with the washer.  The screw that holds the left front bracket on had fallen out and was laying on the floor.  20 minutes from start to finish, with no cost, and minimal bleeding from re-installing one of the clips.  Now thats what I call an appliance repair.  Thanks to this site, taking off the cabinet and re-installing it was a breeze.  I have made a modest contribution to your beer fund.  I am sure I will be able to use your knowledge in the future.  Thanks,  Ken Boyd

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:46 AM

You are welcome....;)....however I have never EVER seen one of those 3 brackes and springs come off.  Have never seen a screw come loose from one of these bracket/springs...I would be wondering if there is something stripped???   Thank you for the reply, will add this to the information on the hard drive in my brain!  It is a trap and nothing escapes!    :cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:43 AM

I've seen this from time to time. Usually, you'll get called because the machine leaks. You take the cabinet off, find one of the front brackets has fallen off and the tub las leaned over, resulting in the basket rubbing a hole in it near the top. Apply silicone and duct tape "sandwich", order tub and "see you next week" :dude:
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics