Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F&P Model GWL10US

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Duke58

Duke58

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

My F&P GWL10US gets a build-up of hard water deposits on the plastic piece just below the agitator.  I want to remove this part and scrape off the crud. There are 3 screws surrounding it, but are these the only screws I need to remove?  F&P Customer Support said to fill with water, add 2 cups vinegar, let soak over night, then run through a permanent press cycle. 

Did this, still have lots of hard water deposits which at times have broken off, causing diverter valve to stay open, not allowing washer to drain, causing wife to complain, causing me to take laundry and kid to laundromat and meet some of the fine citizens of our city. 

Does anyone have access to a technical manual for this machine which I can purchase?

Thanks,

Duke

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

Undo the 2 screws at the front of the top( under the little covers) tilt the top back being careful with the inlet hoses, having previously removed the agitator.  Then unclip the plastic ring around the top and hang it to the side or disconnect spring( remember to refit spring ) from suspension.  Then in one swift upward movement (not too swift) remove the inner bowl, and then it makes it much easier to clean.  I personnally recommend a water blaster, its more fun than a scrubbing brush. Read instructions backwards to refit:laughing:
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics