Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

kenmar

Jenn-Air 47600B dim clock/display

3 posts in this topic

My  wife's Jenn-air has a very dim display. I looked up the part and it appears to be a VTD (Vacuum Tube Display) . The want a $135 to $140 dollars for the replacement part. :shock:

My question is ... has anyone repaired one of these.? I'm sure they are common to many appliances.

I have a feeling that the problem is nothing more than the capacitors and possibly some zenor diodes in the Dc to Dc converter on the back of the clocks board. (see pics below) The total cost of the parts should be under $10 dollars. The problem of course is identifying the zenor's values if they are surface mounts.

A place called MCM used to sell a repair kit for the RCA/Hitachi products that had the same type VTD circuits. I wonder if anyone has a similar kit for this appliance series of  VTD's ?

A schematic would sure be a great help but I believe they are treating the clock assembly as a proprietary part.  Anybody got one... schematic, that is. :D

ken

jcb.jpg

jcf.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You might check to see what the price for this clock would be from this site, might be less.  However we do not like advising non factory repairs to appliances in this froum.  Damage to property and life could be a result, so I do not recommend replacing parts on this control. ;)

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

You might check to see what the price for this clock would be from this site, might be less.  However we do not like advising non factory repairs to appliances in this froum.  Damage to property and life could be a result, so I do not recommend replacing parts on this control. ;)

I  agree and assumed it was understood that any repairs should only be done by qualified technicians and not  by 'do-it your selfers'. Sorry that I didn't make that clear. I'll take my question elsewhere so as not to violate any of your sites policies.

Thanks for alerting me...