Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn-Air 47600B dim clock/display

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kenmar

kenmar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:24 PM

My  wife's Jenn-air has a very dim display. I looked up the part and it appears to be a VTD (Vacuum Tube Display) . The want a $135 to $140 dollars for the replacement part. :shock:

My question is ... has anyone repaired one of these.? I'm sure they are common to many appliances.

I have a feeling that the problem is nothing more than the capacitors and possibly some zenor diodes in the Dc to Dc converter on the back of the clocks board. (see pics below) The total cost of the parts should be under $10 dollars. The problem of course is identifying the zenor's values if they are surface mounts.

A place called MCM used to sell a repair kit for the RCA/Hitachi products that had the same type VTD circuits. I wonder if anyone has a similar kit for this appliance series of  VTD's ?

A schematic would sure be a great help but I believe they are treating the clock assembly as a proprietary part.  Anybody got one... schematic, that is. :D

ken

Posted Image

Posted Image

ken
Posted Image

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:13 PM

You might check to see what the price for this clock would be from this site, might be less.  However we do not like advising non factory repairs to appliances in this froum.  Damage to property and life could be a result, so I do not recommend replacing parts on this control. ;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 kenmar

kenmar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:45 PM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

You might check to see what the price for this clock would be from this site, might be less.  However we do not like advising non factory repairs to appliances in this froum.  Damage to property and life could be a result, so I do not recommend replacing parts on this control. ;)

I  agree and assumed it was understood that any repairs should only be done by qualified technicians and not  by 'do-it your selfers'. Sorry that I didn't make that clear. I'll take my question elsewhere so as not to violate any of your sites policies.

Thanks for alerting me...

ken
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics