Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Wall Oven, F1 Code

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Milanomike

Milanomike

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

Just joined, great site.  Got a problem with a GE wall oven at my mothers place.  Unfortunately, I am not there.  Service guy says she needs an electronic control unit (WB27K5040), which is NLA.  He did no diagnostics, just looked at it and said that was it.  But being a j*rk would not remove it and let me get it rebuilt.  Seems like if I could get there, I should disconnect it at the board and wait awhile before reconnecting to see if code goes away, right?  Any tips here will be greatly apprciated as a new 1800 buck double oven is out of the question.  How difficult to remove unit, if necessary.  Thanks in advance. 

Also, couldn't figure out how to search site, as I'm sure this has been discussed.

Mike

OK, figured out the search this morning on the site, found great info.  Seems as if the check is to disconnect the ribbon cable from the board, leave off for a minute, power up and see if code returns or not.  Dumb question, do I power up with ribbon cable disconnected?  If repair is needed, I can send to CGIndustries in Illinois, once I figure out it's the ERC.  Thanks again.

Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 cdwasher

cdwasher

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:43 AM

Yes powder it up with the ribbon disconnect and see if the code comes up,if so then the control board is defective ,if not ,then the touch pad is defective and also you may get another different code telling you there is no communication between the pad and the control that normal post back cdwasher

#3 Milanomike

Milanomike

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for your help

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics