Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Whirlipool Gold Dishwasher stops quits cycle

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Sabari_*

Lurker_Sabari_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:22 PM

I have a whirlpool gold 1500 dishwasher which stops befor the cycle ends. The remaining minutes start flashing. Water is often left at the bottom and even if I press the 'cancel/drain' button, it does not drain. Remaining draining time starts flashing.

I have tried to turn off the circuit to re-set the control panel but it still flashes when turned on.

What else can i check?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

Motor could be overheating and kicking out, you could check to see if it's still getting voltage.  Can tell you more if you post your exact model number.

#3 Candace

Candace

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

I'm having same problem today, Whirlpool Quiet Partner II, brand new. I suspect a clog as it doesn't drain and shuts off because water level gets too high. But I can't get the bottom sprayer arm out. The knob in the center won't budge and before I break it can you confirm that this knob does indeed loosen and once removed the sprayer arm will lift out and i'll be able to get to a screen to check for clogs? If I force a knob that shouldn't be forced, well then I will have another problem to write about. Any knob-savy folks out there? Candace

#4 Lurker_Sabari_*

Lurker_Sabari_*

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

i TRIED TO DO THE SAME BUT FAILED. however, you can reach underneath the blade and feel the mesh for any clogged item.

#5 Lurker_Sabari_*

Lurker_Sabari_*

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:29 PM

The model is GU1500XTKSO

#6 Lurker_Sabari_*

Lurker_Sabari_*

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

Plus, I forgot to mention, my bra wires are getting stuck in the dishwasher spray arm.  Hope that helps! 

#7 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

Hello, my bra-less friend.  I would conjecture that your dishwasher is terminating the cycle prematurely because of the bra wire wrapped around the spray arm.  Curiously, I would expect this condition to create a leak as well.  I commend you on a novel method for washing your feminine undergarments.  Ahh, yes, this is what I so dearly love about this business: I am always learning something new, praise be to Allah! 

Allahu Akbar!

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

Yes, this is the gawd-awful so-called Point Voyager dishwasher design from Whirlpool.  Been replacing lots of motor/sump assemblies and/or drain pumps on these bad boys.  No doubt this is what's happening with yours.  You need to see which motor is kicking out:  the washer motor or the drain pump. 

FWIW, I would not recommend washing your feminine support garments in the dishwasher. 

#9 Candace

Candace

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

So hey, thanks for the replys. I fixed my clogged dishwasher. I gave up trying to get the spinner arm off the bottom to check screens, and instead disconnected the hose at entrance to the garbage disposal. And there it was, a huge nasty detergent plug. To all of you appliance afficionados out there, here's what this grasshopper did: I knew the plug had to be dislodged, tried poking it with a bamboo skewer, tried smashing it with plyers, for a nanosecond entertained the thought of sucking it out, but then attached the hose of my vacuum cleaner and it sucked the plug right out, along with a liter of old standing water from dishwasher basin and ruined the vacuum. Next I started scooping the water out with a cup but it was too slow, so then cut off a short piece of new garden hose for a siphon, anchored it to the basin bottom, laid down on the floor to get the hose below level, sucking to get the water flowing but it would stop after a spoonful, so I just kept it up and figured it would take about an hour. Then my sister walks in, looks at me with pity, takes the hose from my mouth and puts it in a bucket, turns on the dishwasher, and saunters out while looking over her shoulder at dainbramaged me on the floor, laughing that kind of laugh that makes you want to go slap someone silly just to make them stop. Anyway, the dishwasher is fine now. And thanks again for your website. Candace

#10 latt9more

latt9more

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

Also have a Whirlpool dishwasher (DU945PWKB1), it started to fill and then stopped. Tried to drain using cancel/drain button but motor just hums for a minute before shutting down. Tried draining the water with a dish and restarting. It started to fill and then stopped. (':('
Next step was to pull off drain but drain hose does not appear to be blocked as water ran out freely when this was removed from drainage.

Help required!!

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

That's a burned out motor. Usually this is caused by a leaking tub gasket so be sure to change that out at the same time.

#12 Lurker_Zapper_*

Lurker_Zapper_*

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:56 AM

A vacuum wasn't a bad idea in principle, but a wet-dry vac would have been a better idea in practice. Otherwise, you could have given yourself 120 volts of fun :yikes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics