Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer overfills intermittently

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jweschman

jweschman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:29 PM

Purchased in '99... when I didn't know any better.  Model WPSR3100 WW W

First time it overfilled was about a month ago.  Luckily, we were home the first time and caught it before the water spread very far.  When it overfilled, I tried first to shut it off by pushing in the timer knob, but the water didn't shut off (kept flowing into the tub, then out the overflow onto the floor).  I then closed the supply valve at the wall.  A few minutes later, when I re-opened the supply valve at the wall (with timer knob still pushed to "off" position), no water flowed into the tub.

Haven't been brave enough to leave the machine unattended since... and in ~20 cycles or so, it's overfilled 2 other times.  Same behavior... water doesn't shut off when the timer knob is pushed in, shut off at wall, and the behaves normally when I turn the water back on.

Have had my meter sitting next to the washer for 2 weeks now, hoping to catch it in the act (to check and see if there's voltage at the inlet valve when it's overfilling), but it's been playing hard to get (no overfilling in that time).

Even so, I'm guessing that the water inlet valve is failing to operate intermittently???  If I push in the timer knob while the machine is filling, power to the inlet valve is cut instantaneously, but the water doesn't shut off right away.  The hot will generally shut off in a little less than a second... the cold in about 2 seconds.

OR, could it be the timer, or the water level sensor??  I checked, and there's no obstruction in the water level sense tube.  When it doesn't overfill, the water fill level seems to be consistent when set to "super" size.

Much thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:36 PM

[align=center] images/bambooleaficon.gif
Washer keeps filling.

Unplugged--still trickle, trickle.

Replace inlet valve.
[/align]

#3 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

You need a WH13X86 inlet valve.  Copy and paste this part number below.

#4 jweschman

jweschman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

Much thanks for the help gents.... er, I mean "masters".

Please have a beer on me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics