Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
JulieM

Range light always on!

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to these forums.  So bare with me.

I have a GE range, model VJ32BFT-1.  Recently it blew a fuse and I replaced it only for it to blow again.  So I went to Home Depot and they told me to replace the terminal block and element.  I replaced the top left one since it sparked when it blew the fuse.

Now the light is always on, regardless if I turn the stove on or it is off.  Also I think the elements are a little warm when its off, and that worries me.  I don't know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

when the wires grounded and you saw sparks,the current welded the contacts in the switch that controls that element,the switch requires replacement as well. you can obtain one through this website.        :D