Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

need to find wiring diagram on Tappan oven

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thedave

thedave

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

I am working on a Tappan built in gas oven.  Model # 12-4990-00-03 Serial # DF20200519.  The owner put the unit into self clean and then hit cancel, now the oven latch just continues to cycle.  The latch only cycles while the door switch is engaged.  The door latch components are all on the back side of the oven and molding has been built around the oven.  The wirirng diagram for the unit is nowhere to be found.  The control is also starting to give an F6 code, which would be the EOC.

The control is still available, but many of the other components are NLA.  If someone has access to a wiring diagram, it would be much appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

Have you pulled out the pots drawer and looked all around both the drawer and the compartment?

#3 thedave

thedave

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:53 AM

Checked under and inside the drawer.  I was able to get into the control panel also.  No luck on finding the diagram.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

[user=9523]thedave[/user] wrote:

The control is still available, but many of the other components are NLA.

I would advise the customer of this fact because it may figure prominently into their decision about repairing or replacing this oven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics