Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

blakeas

Frigidaire Fridge

4 posts in this topic

I have a side by side frigidaire fridge.  It is about 4yrs old - Cant be sure of the model number but i have a water and ice dispenser.  I have the button depressed for the cube ice and when i put my glass underneath it does crushed ice.   even though the button says cubed ice.  How do i fix this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

remove the ice bin and look on the back,there is a small rod extending from it that inserts into a saddle in the back of the freezer when you slide it in,carefull bend the rod downward a bit so that the soleniod in the back can lift it further when energized- you should also hear this solenoid engage when you press the ejector button.

Thanks - I guess it came out of the saddle - I cant really tell how it should go in though - should i push up the saddle?

Actually the problem was the saddle was stuck down.  I pryed a little bit with the knife and it came up.  So then i just had to hold it down while i put back the little arm.  And now it is working like a charm!