Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
solongjoe

Whirlpool Gas Range Disassembly

3 posts in this topic

My power burner on the Whirlpool Gas range (SF385PEGQ) won't light from the weak spark it is receiving.  I read the topic on checking the burner but I don't know how to open the cooktop to get to the valves and such! I assumed you removed the sealed burners and lifted the top but that didn't work.  I feel like a dolt asking...

Thanks,

solongjoe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

firts off,the valves are not under the cooktop,but on the other end of the knob that you turn(you are turning the valve when you turn the knob),second; valve has nothing to do with a "weak spark", check the simple thing like a dirty burner head(exposed) and a sooted burner cap- clean these peices well as they are required to make a solid ground connection in order to complete the spark circuit.

Thanks. 

I already cleaned the burned head, cap, the ignitor, and everything else exposed.  When I remove all the burner caps to observe the spark on each element, the two right burners have bright blue sparks.  The back left burner has a weaker spark (but still ignites), the font left (power burner) spark is very weak and will not ignite the gas when turned on.  It lights fine with a match and we get a nice blue flame.  I assume that it is either the spark switch or spark module.  But I can't get inside to switch the leads to test my theory on the spark module.  So... I still need to know how to get under the hood, panel, etc.