Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
GfxGuy

Fisher Paykel washer GWL11

8 posts in this topic

Our 3 1/2 year old washer has developed a drip. This is not onto the floor, but rather into the drum, and drips out of the same hose/outlet that fills the drum. Seems like it would be a simple problem of a leaky valve, but thought I'd check here before tearing the machine apart. The drip is getting progressively worse over the last 3 weeks.

I did call F&P and the nice australlian lady told me to call a repairman. I think not.

Help?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If any fill valve lets water into an appliance when it is off, sounds like something has it lodged open, not letting it close....I would replace the valve.

Coupla' things I should do:

first, ask where folks would suggest buying parts.

Second, mention that while I'm handy, I know nothing about appliances or how they work or how to fix them. I'm great at following instuctions and have manged to repair my dryer, microwave, stove (twice - two seperated problems) and dishwasher. Assume that I have no idea what you're talking about when you reply, and my "do-it-yourself" repair project will likely be successful.

Believe have to buy from F & P...We do not work on these, others in here who do can help you with the repair however...;)

Is it dripping hot or cold water into the tub? You can check if you have individual shutoff valves for each supply. On the GWL11 there are two separate valves. Only source for parts is F&P.

I'll have to check tonight, but I believe it's cold.

It is the cold water dripping. I called the appliance store we bought this at and he agreed with you guys' diagnosis of a bad shutoff valve. They carry them for $25 and have them in stock. Said it's an easy fix. Here goes nothin'...  :kewl:

I thought I should let you all know that the repair was about the easiest I've ever performed on any appliance. Thanks for the diagnosis...which now that I've seen the inside of the machine is the only diagnosis that could have been made. :D

Steve